We are glad you found us and this page, so now what? Make sure to check each link and section and come back often! It’s also a good idea to reference our New Ham Handouts for more information than what you see below!
- Get your technician’s license first!
- Check our Testing page for tests near you.
- Download our New Ham Getting Started Packet
- Buy a radio.
- Reach out to an elmer and do some homework.
- Don’t have a radio, check to see if we have one we can loan you!
- Join ARRL & explore the ARRL Learning Network.
- Learn the Lingo
- Program your radios.
- Visit our Repeaters page to start.
- Visit our Beginners Guide to Repeaters.
- Visit our Programming Division and program starters
- Get on the Air!
- Click the link to find Operating Procedures http://www.arrl.org/files/file/DXCC/Eth-operating-EN-ARRL-CORR-JAN-2011.pdf
- Find some Nets.
- Join a local club like TARC.
- Log some Contacts.
- Ask where you can help.
- Meet some Elmers
- Click around our site and read some newsletters.
- Did we mention Join TARC